ive been wanting to make homemade dog treats for awhile now but i had never gotten around to it. well, finally today, i did!!
these treats were really easy to make and more than likely, you have all of the ingredients in your house already.
peanut butter honey drops
1 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup shortening (i used butter since its all i had)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. heat the honey and peanut butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
3. combine the rest of the ingredients with the honey and peanut butter mixture.
4. drop by 1/2 teaspoonful onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 10 mins.
5. turn off oven but leave cookies in for about 5-7 mins. longer.
6. take out and leave on cookie sheet. let totally cool.
this makes about 40 treats so i would recommend freezing some and keeping the rest in the refrigerator.
i tried one... they arent too bad. charlie likes them too :) if you have any dog treat recipes, id love to try them out!