i tried. i put forth a good effort. it wasnt a total fail but it wasnt a success either...
so, ive had this pasta maker for a good year now. this was the first time i used it :) it was much easier than i thought it would be but having an extra pair of hands would have been nice when rolling out the sheets of dough.
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup water
1 green pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon basil
1 14.5 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes, drained WELL
(ok, the filling ingredients were just random things i had around the kitchen. i didnt follow a certain recipe)
1. in an electric mixer, first mix together eggs and gradually add flour and water. continue mixing until formed into a ball. on a lightly floured surface, form the dough into a ball and kneed until elastic and smooth. set aside in a covered bowl.
2. in a small bowl, combine filling ingredients. make sure all ingredients are drained well or it will make your ravioli slimy and impossible. (trust me) :)
3. take dough and divide it in half and divide in half again. take each section and make into a rectangle.
4. on the widest setting, roll each rectangle through the pasta machine 3 or 4 times.
5. dust the counter with flour before laying out sheets of dough. brush each sheet with an egg wash. (oops, forgot to mention youll need another egg for that. i added just a little milk also)
6. ok, so this is the part that got tricky for me and where i slowly started failing. my filling wasnt drained as well as i thought it was. i (literally) did step 5 and 6 four times. you take a tablespoon full of filling and drop it on half of the sheet of dough. space out each tablespoon of filling about 2 inches apart and then fold over the other half of the dough to cover the filling. note: there are no pictures of this process. this part turned into a disaster for me and i was so messy and frustrated that i couldnt pick up the camera. i ended up scraping off the filling and having to reroll the dough because the filling wasnt drained enough, it was a big sloppy mess.
(fyi - this is what its supposed to look like)
7. this is how mine turned out.
no, not horrible but not how i wanted them to turn out.
8. cook the ravioli in boiling water for 10-15 mins.
i chose an alfredo sauce and honestly, they werent too bad. since they were enormous, i only ate two. maybe i will know better next time and be able to make these with a little more ease.
(hahaha, yeah... right)