Sunday, September 13, 2009

Veggie Burger Deliciousness


So this one I totally stole from Megan, but since she's much too busy to entertain you, I am taking the credit. While I have not quite mastered the stability of these yet, the taste is there and that's really what counts.

2 cans black beans (rinsed, drained, and mashed)
1 onion
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
2 eggs
1 ear corn, off the cop
3-4 garlic gloves minced
1 package saltines
salt
pepper
chili powder
cumin
squirt hot sauce
small handful shredded cheese

Finely chop up the onion and peppers and drain them as much as possible. Wrap them up in towels being careful not to spill them on the floor to soak up some of the moisture. Mix all the ingredients with the mashed black beans and make yourself some patties.

Tips
Things you can add to help keep the patties as patties: flour, oats, cooked rice, sweet potatoes. egg whites, etc. etc.

If you plan on grilling these, which is by far the tastiest method, freeze them in patties first.

Basically throw everything together and make patties.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amanduh,

    I've made bean cakes before and LOVE them (also had problems with them falling apart) but never treated them as burgers. Except for the corn, this recipe sounds very similar to the one I've used. Someday, when I can have beans again, I'm going to try this one.

    Ann Kaiser Wallis

    ReplyDelete